Position: Program Officer
A Program Officer is an integral part of our organization, playing a key role in the development and implementation of programs/projects. The PO develops proposals, seek grants, manages projects and oversees budgets in conjunction with other organs of the organization and ensure that the activities, programmes and projects align with the goals and mission statements of Peacebuilding and Human Development Center.
- Providing creative ideas to sustain current programs and activities
- Developing new quality projects and programs with cost-effective strategies and ensuring that projects meet with set objectives.
- Developing and updating all relevant internal and external documentations required for the operation of non-governmental organizations under the country existing laws and as may be demanded by funding partners from time to time
- Recommending improvements to internal processes that enable more prompt proposal submission review and improved communications.
- Preparing background papers, talking points, and policy recommendations for senior leadership.
- Planning and implementing special events and fund-raising activities, reporting on the event progress and budget management.
- Undertake field visits to evaluate and improve the planning, programming, implementation, and monitoring
- Act as point of contact to other organizations
Person Specification Qualifications/Experience
– Education: A good University degree in Peace and Conflict, International relation, any social science or any field.
– Job Experience: Minimum of 2 years relevant experience or an advanced University degree.
– Languages: Excellent knowledge of English and good working knowledge of other languages will be an added advantage.
The candidate must be skilled in project coordination, administration, and management; proposal and budget development as well as donor tracking; an excellent communicator with capacity in preparing and delivering written and verbal communication to a wide range of audiences; experienced in developing and cultivating relationships with donors, partners and critical stakeholders; a team player and goal oriented.
PHD Center is committed to the promotion of excellence among cultures and tribes. As part of our believe, we promote equal access to opportunities irrespective of race, believe, and sexual orientation. Therefore, applications are encouraged from all qualified individuals from all works of life.